Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Online Now

Hey, Y'all,
Just wanted to let you know that I am now officially "online" in my own little house and ready to get on with stuff. Jimmy, the fellow who came to install my internet and television, has just finished up and I just finished my dishes, and my morning medications, and I couldn't wait to sit down at my desk and get bizzy. Ha.

I'm sitting here just looking at all the things that have to be done, but you know, they can wait! I wanted to let you all know about my daughter, Teresa, who has just recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, and was not going to tell me until after Dub had been laid to rest, thinking to spare me. She has had some surgery to remove the infected tissues, and is healing from that surgery (which she had the week following her dad's interment), and will likely soon be doing chemotherapy and radiation treatments. I know it is okay to tell you, since she had posted it on facebook, and to ask for your prayers in her behalf, and for her husband, and son, and stepdaughters. Her sister and I could use some of them too. I thank you all so very much for the prayers that are already and have gone up on our behalf. They mean so very much and give us wonderful support.

Tomorrow, the people are coming to pick up the clothing that belonged to Dub. They are connected with the Kidney Foundation, and I know he would be glad to know that his clothing is going to help others.

After I get everything in place the way I want it here, I will do a walk through video to show you, maybe.

Yesterday, I had quite an experience, trying to get my password set up for my bank account. I had opened my new bank account just before I went back home to pack up my house and get moved out here. I was supposed to access it online within a two week period. Well, as you may know, Dub passed away soon after and the bank account online accession was the last thing on my mind, so when I tried to access it at Carol's the other day, it wouldn't accept my password. Just as she was calling the bank, she got an important call, and couldn't finish my password business.

So I decided to go to the bank and get it there. Screwing my courage into place, I made the trip to the bank in that unfamiliar territory, and found out that my new password would only work thirty minutes after receiving it. The fellow who gave it to me, let me use his computer to enter it. Thank goodness! Well, to add to the mix, I wanted to get to Carol's in a hurry and double check to see if it actually worked.

I hurried to get to Carol's and got stuck in traffic behind construction that had not been there the last time I was that way, but still had time left on my thirty minute deadline. Well, I got to Carol's house and rushed in to use her laptop. Shazam! It wasn't there...I looked all around the house, and then realized that she was teaching a food-handling course that day (using power point) and she had it with her. Ha! Big joke on me. Anyway, that was fine, because when I tried to access it while ago, I had no problem. Yes! (arm bent in a success move).

Speaking of road construction, it seems that quite a bit is going on here in town, and you can hardly drive down any street (well, maybe not that bad) without seeing some construction going on. Some of it is close to schools, so may be they are fixing some things that they have had all summer to do, but just now getting a round tuit. Ha.

Thanks to all of you who have stuck to reading my posts over these past few months and giving encouragement. I will soon be back to catching up on reading yours. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. More later. Bye for now.


Té la mà Maria - Reus said...

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Reus Catalonia
thank you

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Ruby, dear Ruby what can I say? I do feel for you about your daughter. What must you be going through, I know when my son was diagnosed with bladder cancer three years ago I felt anger, panic for him, but he had most of it removed the rest was done by chemo and radiotherapy and up to know all is well with him. I will certainly add her and you in my prayers.

Thank you for the vist and lovely comment it was lovely to see your name.

Take care and God bless your family

aLmYbNeNr said...

Oh Ruby, it seems like it's just one thing after another. I will be thinking of you and Teresa and the rest of the family.

Wanda said...

Ruby, praying for Teresa's healing and lifting the rest of you in prayer, too. Always a pleasure to read your blog.

Margie's Musings said...

Ruby, I too am praying for Teresa and you and your family. What a mess you have there to deal with. Keep your chin up.

myletterstoemily said...

dear ruby,

i'm so glad the password worked for
you but sorry they made you jump
through so many hoops.

i will be praying for your daughter
with hopes for a complete recovery.

thank you for visiting my place. i
never expected you to have the time
to do that with all that you have been
through. it was a sweet surprise.


Nezzy said...

Oh sweetie, you've been through the mill and back haven't you? I will be prayin' for your precious daughter. You take care sweet laday.

God bless ya and have a glorious day!!! :o)

Jan said...

Hi Ruby...
I am amazed at your stamina and your ability to kept on keeping on. I will pray for both you and your daughter.
God can heal. Have a great day.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you are officially online again. And you just keep going! Grammy the Energizer Bunny.

Grammy said...

Thank you all for such wonderful uplifting support. It really helps me to be an "Energizer Bunny". I appreciate all the encouragement. Love you all. Ruby

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got the banking issue worked out and that you are back online. I saw your post on facebook and said a big "yes" to myself! I will keep praying for you and your daughter. Thanks for coming by my place. I always enjoy your visits. (Wish they were real).Take care and I am looking forward to seeing your new house.