Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday in January

Hey, Y'all,
It is a quiet morning and I have been up since 6:15 and had breakfast already and chatted online with daughter, Teresa, and am now deciding what I want to do with the rest of the day. Of course, Gramps is still in sleepytown. I have folded a basket of clothes this morning and I know there is another basket waiting in the dryer for me. They can wait. I know they are not clamoring to leave it.

I know I need to sweep and mop the kitchen floor, but that can wait until after Gramps has had his breakfast. Nothing gets in a real hurry in this household. I decided some time back that we are on Gramps timetable and not mine. Matters here are decidely slower in happening and that is okay with me.

Last evening, my good friend, Ina Ray, stopped by to visit with us. I always enjoy spending time with friends, and Gramps seemed to really enjoy it as well. He doesn't talk a lot, but it was good for him to hear us chattering away. You may remember me telling you about all the kittens that Ina has rescued around her house. She said at one time she had as many as 23 cats there. She was able to capture in cage traps a whole lot of them and take them to have them "fixed". She also brought at least 7 kittens inside and cared for them until she could give all but one of them away. Ina has two cats that she has had for years, "Lucy" and "Prissy". She kept one of the kittens, whose name is "Bear". Ina is a true animal lover, and a kind, gracious lady. I feel blessed to have her for a friend.

This morning, about 5 a.m., Gramps had gotten up to use the bathroom and came back into the room. I had turned on the touch lamp at the side of the bed and when he came back in, he asked me, "Who are you?".

I said, "Who do you think I am, your aunt?" He said, "Yes."

I replied, "Take a good look at my face" and he, shielding his eyes from the light with his hand, looked at me. "You're my sweetie, aren't you?"

"Yes, did you think I was your Aunt Lula? Did you ever live with her"?, I asked him. "Yes" , he answered.

Anyway, we settled down and I got a few more winks before I got up for the morning.

That is about it for today. It rained last night, but is clear this morning, so the sun is shining, and all east Tennesee will probably be having school again tomorrow. I may even go back and lie down for a few minutes before the rest of the day begins.

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you. Bye for now. More later.

3 comments:

Clara....in TN said...

Oh don't we have fun? I ask Bill this morning if his bed was wet and he replied with, 'Don't give me the third degree." Mercy Me!!!! He has never seen the third degree....(YET) LOL

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good time watching the movie and with your friend. I am so glad the weather is warmer that I have been running all week. Spent the day with my son today, went shopping and bought flower pots just like it was spring. I read the part about the water running over in the sink and had to laugh when you said your daughter would be putting you away. I suspect mine think I am losing it from time to time!

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Hi Ruby, you have had a busy week,
hope all is well your end.

Thanks for the visit and comment, much appreciated.

Take care.

Yvonne.