Saturday, January 23, 2010

Honoring a Good Friend

Hey, Y'all,
Today has been very quiet. I was up early this morning ordering books to download onto my Sony e-reader that Teresa and Tom gave me for Christmas. Carol and Daryl had given me a gift card for ebooks, and Dan and Whit had also given me one, so I finally got around to using them. What really cool and neat gifts! They are all aware of my avid reading, especially of murder mysteries. Finally about 9 a.m. I had finished choosing and downloading books onto my reader. Then I went into the kitchen and made breakfast. While I was selecting books, I was doing laundry, so I got two loads washed and dried.

After I got Gramps up to eat breakfast, and he had eaten, he went back to bed for several hours. He was still sleeping when I left to go to a reception honoring a former pastor at our church. Charles McGill, who has cancer of the throat, His birthday was January 7th, and as you may recall, I had posted about the planned reccption to be held on January the 9th. However, there was snow and ice on the ground at that time, so it was postponed until today. Charles (fondly called Chuck by all his friends) is a wonderful fellow, down to earth and an humble Christian, much loved by all his congregations that he has served. There are four churches that he has pastored, ours being the third that he pastored in the early 1990's.

A lot of great food along with a beautiful birthday cake was provided by friends for the reception. There were pictures of Chuck's life as pastor and family man projected on a wall for everyone to see. It was fun to see the many photos that he had collected over the years. After everyone had eaten, we had a "Chuck Roast", where different people had funny or serious things to tell about him. It was an event that was well-attended, and we got to see people that we hadn't seen for a long time, as well as to meet some we had never met. It was wonderful to see his two daughters, Autumn and Sarah, again. They are beautiful ladies, and I got to meet their husbands, and see Autumn's adorable children.

Please pray for Chuck that healing will come for him. We know that with God, nothing is impossible. I know that for a fact.

My nephew, David, and his wife, Andrea, are doing well after both of them having had gastric bypass surgery. Please continue to remember them in prayer.

When I got home from the church, Gramps was still in bed, and about two hours later he got up and I made him some supper. He was about to go back to bed when Mark and Allie came and visited for awhile. It was really great to spend some time with them. Their oldest daughter, Tanya, is about to give birth to a third son for her and her husband, Brian. They already have Kevin, 4, and Adam, 2, who are really excited about getting a little brother. I need to get busy and make a quilt for Isaac, the new baby.

Well, it is after 11 p.m. and I had better get to bed, if I expect to get up in the morning and be coherent. ha. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you. Bye for now. More later.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Good morning Ruby and Dub,hope you have a good day today in spite of the weather,Been raining all morning here.Yes it sounds like Andrea&David are doing well.Glad you all had a good visit with Imazo and Mae Fri.By for now Barbara