Thursday, January 28, 2010

Still In the Woods?

Hey, Y'all,
Yesterday I went to have blood work done, prior to a doctor's visit today. The physician's assistant, Carmella, is really great at getting blood and it was very painless. Those of you who know me well, know that they usually have to get blood from the back of my hand, because my veins are so deep and do the "rock and roll" thing, and they have a lot of valves that prevent the needle from going in far enough to put IV's into them when I have to have fluids put into my veins. Anyway, she had no problem getting my blood from the vein in the back of my hand.

Today, I went in for my appointment and the doctor had the blood report back. It seems there were some problems (still) with the liver enzymes, also with the chronic anemia that I have had forever. I told her about the pain that I still have in the rib area occasionally. Also I was telling her about a nagging cough that has been bothering me lately. She told me she heard something in the lung area. She took more blood today for more bloodwork.

Consequently, I now have an appointment for next Thursday to have a bone scan (for the rib area), a CT scan (for the abdominal area - for the liver, I am sure), and a chest x-ray for the cough. So, it seems I am not quite out of the woods yet as far as the liver thing is concerned. What a bummer! Here I thought I was doing so great! I certainly feel much better than I did several months ago.

Tonight we are having hamburgers for supper, but I am making them. I just now hear on the television that there is a winter storm watch beginning at 1 pm tomorrow. Tomorrow evening we are having our neighbors to come down and visit with us. We are having a movie evening to watch "No Time for Sergeants" which will be on TCM at 8 p.m. They have never seen the movie before and it is one of my all time favorites. We are going to have sandwiches for supper at 6 and then later during the movie we'll be having some snack foods. What fun!

My nephew, David, called today and said he is doing quite well following his gastric by-pass surgery and has already lost 12 pounds. His wife, Andrea, is doing quite well, too, and has lost 60 pounds over the past 3 months.

For those of you who have not yet heard, our grandson, Matthew has proposed to his girl, Amy Grace, who accepted, (of course) and they plan to be married on May 8 of this year. I hope we are able to go to the wedding. She is a lovely girl and we welcome her into the family. They are blessed to have each other, I am sure. We are blessed as well, to have her as an addition to our growing family.
Atta boy, Matt! PIcture to follow.

Well, I reckon I need to stop for now, and get to doing some stuff that needs doing. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you. Bye for now. More later.

No comments: