Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Caught Up

Hey, Y'all,
Another full moon last night shone in a night sky and millions of stars twinkled in accompaniment to its light. When daylight came, there was a huge frost that covered the ground like a baby snow. It was beautiful. I was up before daylight came, and barefooted it into the kitchen to begin my day. I caught up on my laundry this morning, I cleaned out the old leftovers and gathered together the trash, bagging it up in preparation for carting it off to the local dumpster/compactor. I also stopped at the post office to mail a small package for daughter, Carol's, birthday on Saturday.

I was finished with breakfast and also with emptying the dishwasher before 8:30. I was feeling great today. I did the vacuuming yesterday morning, and we had three home health care visitors yesterday. One was to discharge Gramps from the occupational therapy, another was the physical therapist who evaluated him to see if he could benefit from another round of PT, and the last was the nurse who certified that he would be getting another 60 days of PT (Physical Therapy). Whew! We certainly had our share of visitors yesterday by 2:00 p.m.

We also got to see our niece, Donna and Gramps' sister, Bonnie Jean, who came to visit around 4:30 and stayed for about 45 minutes. I hope they will be able to stay longer the next time they visit. Donna is the major caregiver of Bonnie, since Bonnie is no longer able to live alone. Bonnie is very fortunate to have such good care. We all know that the life of a caregiver is not always smooth sailing, but is rewarding in its own way.

UPDATE on Richard (Pam's husband)
It seems he is off the ventilator, and was able to call home and talk to his wife and their granddaughters, Hannah and Haley. They absolutely love their grandpa to pieces and I am sure were delighted to hear from him in person. Please continue to keep them in your prayers, because he isn't out of the woods yet, but close to the border of them.

We had a lovely visit from our good friends (and adopted family) Mark and Allie, this afternoon. She has had a terrible cough and congestion for the last three weeks.She saw her dr. this afternoon and the doc said that she has bronchitis and pewmony, and gave her some highpowered antibiotics to take.

Gramps was in bed until a little afternoon today, so he had not been up for more than an hour and a half when the PT came to see him to give him some exercise.

I had to prepare supper a little early today, so we ate about 5:00 p.m.. I fixed potato cakes from leftover mashed potatoes, made some salmon patties, and reheated some green beans that were still good. I guess we will have some dessert in a little while. (I just stopped Gramps from putting away his choppers for the night). ha. We have some leftover cake from last night and we will have that with some ice cream to accompany it. I guess I will need to make some coffee to go with it, too. We had homemade pizza last night too which was pretty good, I think.

Well, tomorrow morning I plan to begin working on Will's quilt again. I have taken a few days off from it to give my fingers and back a rest.

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. More later. Much love to each of you. Bye for now.

1 comment:

Clara....in TN said...

Hi Grammy, I think you have more energy than me! I can't seem to get everything done that needs to be done. I have fallen behind on blogging. The days are so short. It's datk before I realize it and then I think it's time to go to bed. I hate it! I have crocheted 29 hats. Maybe I will put them on my blog today! Take care now and I will be back soon.