Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Trapped!

Trapped~~yes! I was standing in an immense room of highly polished steel. There were people entering and leaving all around me, but they would not talk to me. There was a large hallway that I could go into and elevators that others could enter and leave, but not I. 

In the large room were hanging glass shelves, suspended on chains, that held both live and inanimate objects. Some of the live objects were birds, bird nests with hatchlings, monkeys, puppies, etc. I could swing the shelves and they would dip to one side or the other and objects would slide off because the delicate balance was upset. The shelves would then right themselves. 

Birds were flying around overhead and I wondered what people would do if the birds pooped on them. No one seemed to be worried about them.
 
I was asking people who were sitting there at steel tables, "What are we doing here? Who are you? How do I get out of here? Why can't I go?" Some would just look at me with a blank expression, or a frown. Others would smile mysteriously and turn their heads away. 

Someone was polishing the floors, another was looking at me curiously, as if to ask who I was.  I turned to someone who looked as if he were in charge and said, "I just have one question to ask..." He said, "Yes, what is it?" 

Then I awakened. What one question would you have asked if you had been in my place?

8 comments:

Angela said...

How do I get out of here?

Anonymous said...

Where can I get a cup of coffee and where is the bathroom? (oh wait, that's too questions but to me they go toghether)

Anonymous said...

shoot!! I do know the difference between to/too/and two.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Where's the bathroom?

Grammy said...

R0TFL!

Lynn Proctor said...

am i dreaming---good post--saying hi from the az challenge!

Bethie said...

I love your blog and am surprised you haven't won this award yet--So I'm giving you the Kreative Blogger award. Check out my site to find about it....
www.creatingwordlenik.blogspot.com

Grammy said...

Hey, y'all,
Thanks for the neat responses! Thank you, Bethie, I'll have to check that out soon. :)