Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Tiny Reptile Can you identify it?

Hey, Y'all,
Well, I am just about recovered from my month-long blogging challenge. I almost got burn-out from trying to read so many other blogs during the month (I read over 900 other blogger's work in that time, as well as writing my story). Right now, I am also recovering from a cold that I believe almost turned into pewmony. Went to the family dr. yesterday and got a shot in the rear, a breathing treatment, and a prescrip for an antibiotic. 

This morning, though, I was walking through my hallway, looked down and saw what I thought was a curved strip of batting or cloth. I reached down to pick it up and WHOA! It moved, wiggling around. I immediately stepped on it several times. It moved into the living room and I grabbed up one of my plastic crocs and began whomping the Dickens out of it. It was a tiny snake, about 4 to 5 inches long, no bigger around than a Q-tip, but I don't know what kind of snake it was. Didn't stop to ask it. I slipped a couple of sticky notes under it and carried it outside, to rot in the elements. 

Now I am wondering, "Where did it come from, and are there any more of them, and if so, are they in the house? Where is the mama?"

I reckon I'll have to do a little investigating. The next question: Do I really want to find them? What if it is a poisonous snake? Anybody got any ideas?

On Thursday of this week, I will be boarding an American Eagle and heading for Tennessee for a week. I'm hoping to see a lot of my friends and family during that time. Of course, I will be taking pictures to post when I get back. 

That is about it for right now. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later. 

Can you identify this little sneaky snake?

10 comments:

Barbara said...

Gosh,Baby snake//Scarey,Hope you feel better for your trip to Tenn.I know your sisters-in -law will be thrilled to see you.And hope you have a great birthday next week also.

Grammy said...

Thanks..needless to say, I keep wondering if any more will show up. It could be it was a result of the rain we had last night??? I keep thinking it must have come in through a vent near the floor that connects to the space where the air conditioning unit is. The house is built on a concrete slab and there is a space where you can see under the house when the vent cover is removed. I am thinking that is where it entered the house.

Anonymous said...

Whoa....call the exterminator.

Unknown said...

Dear Grammy: I enjoyed your blog and met you through the A to Z Campaign. I'm now going to be an avid follower. I would like to award you with the Beautiful Blogger Award. I think you are awesome and I love the way you write. (True to the heart) Stop on by and pick up your award, and you don't need to do 7 others unless you see fit, of course. Have a great week!

Mom's Blog said...

Smooth Earth Snake is what it seems to be. Another friend of ours had one come into her house, today, too! Daryl says the snakes eat ants, so don't call an exterminator. :-)

Sheila Siler said...

Have a fun trip, see you when you get back!

Grammy said...

Hey, y'all,
So glad to have so many good friends! Always happy to have readers. It makes me feel so blessed! Us girls just wanta' have fun, don't cha' know? I feel like we are just neighbors, sittin' around and talkin', havin' a cup a' cawfee. :)
Love,
Ruby

Thanks, Carol for identifying the snake. Put my mind at ease.

Kathy, thanks for the blog award.:)

Anonymous said...

I do not think I would sleep at night if I found a snake of any type in my apartment! I have nothing against them, they just need to stay outside! Ha! Enjoy your trip to TN. The weather is supposed to be pretty nice here for the next week! Possible storms Thursday and Friday, but gorgeous through the beginning of next week! :)

Anonymous said...

Oops, I realize that this blog post is a week old, so I hope you have enjoyed your trip to TN! :)

Arlee Bird said...

That is a disturbing find outside the house let alone inside. Have no idea what it is, but I hope there aren't any more in your house.

Hope you Tennessee trip went well. I wish I could go back for a week or so. This is a nice time of year to be there.


Lee
An A to Z Co-Host
Tossing It Out