Friday, May 25, 2012

Can You Identify This Plant?

Hey, Y'all,
Well, my French Toast casserole was a definite hit (how could it not be?) and after we ate, we had no room for dessert, of which we each took portions for later on (today some time probably). I also sent most of the rest of the casserole home with my domino-playing friends. 

We had a blast! It was so much fun! I didn't realize how much I had missed having friends (or anyone) to play with. We laughed and joked; we just generally had a great time!

When they came in past my big flowering bush, the blooms were all closed up and they wanted to know how long it would be before it bloomed. I replied it would bloom after dark, later in the evening. Well, when they left around 9:30, a whole bunch of blooms were opened. They remarked it was too bad that no one could see them open. I told them that the blooms last until around noon or so the next day, then they wither. More blooms keep coming on as long as the warm weather lasts. I don't know the name of the plant. Can you tell me what it is called?
 Well, yesterday by 3:30 p.m., I had prepared supper, swept and mopped six rooms and two baths, cleaned both baths, tidied up the kitchen, picked up various items all over the house and put them more or less where they belonged, and left the house dust where it was comfortable (ha). I have a contract with my dust: as long as it doesn't bother me, I don't disturb it. That way, I can live peaceably without sneezing my little old head off. Then I just rested the rest of the afternoon. 

Sometime today I will be putting the quilt binding on granddaughter Amy's quilt. Then I will probably take it to her when we celebrate granddaughter Julia's birthday on Monday afternoon. That way EVERYONE can see and admire it at one time. :) After the hard work I have put into it, I am very pleased with the results and am glad to have it admired. (of course):)

I also plan to spend some time chatting with daughter, Teresa, on Skype today. Sometimes, even seeing technology grow and develop, it is still difficult to realize how far it has come in my lifetime - from just radio to computers to Skype and beyond. It is absolutely amazing! From when I used my first little Apple IIe back in the 1980's, to now when one can communicate in so many ways, it boggles the mind! But- get this- it can never replace fully the pleasure of face-to-face physical contact - but until then- better than not at all. Right?

Well, that is about it for today. I need to get my two tables set back up in the living room for sewing, don't cha' know? This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. More later. Bye for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your plant looks like a type of Petunia but I'm no expert.

Grammy said...

Hi, Delores...my daughter looked up the Angel Trumpet and agreed with my identification of it. You are right, though, it does resemble a petunia, albeit a giant one. :)

Serbian Mink said...

Don't think it's an Angel Trumpet...flowers hang face down on Angel...rather it's a cousin known as Devil's trumpet, since it's flowers point toward sky

see http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/tropesque/msg01134737819.html

Mom B said...

I think Andrea is right on this one. It's hard if you haven't seen the actual plant in person, but I think the pics of Devil's trumpet were right. Interesting stuff online about it....:-)

Serbian Mink said...

yeah..really interesting to note that the dang thing is poisonous!!

watch out Gwammy/Tia!!