Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Chasing Little Pismires

Hey, Y'all,
(Wow! Don't cha' love the colors in which you can do a post?)
Well, yesterday was spent chasing little pismires (commonly known as piss ants) that were coming from somewhere outside into my kitchen and running like crazy all over my cabinet near the window. When it rains really hard outside like it did the night before, they are chased inside. (Quick, Henry, the Flit!!)

For those of you who are too young to remember, on the radio they had commercials (yes, even then) for Flit bug killer. The mama would see a fly and she would yell, "Quick, Henry, the Flit!!" and Henry would come running with the Flit bug spray. 

Well, I reached into my lower cabinet shelf and pulled out the bug spray and after fingering as many of the little buggers as I could, I sprayed the window edge, the underneath edge of the cabinets, opened the back door and sprayed the doorstep, outside the doorstep, inside the doorstep and around the lower base of the cabinets. 

Of course, it rained hard again last night and so the first thing I did this morning was to check the cabinet top and saw no evidence of the little nasty persistent fellows (bless their little workaholic hearts). Hopefully, I have staved them off for the next few weeks. We can't really blame them too much for trying to get in out of the rain, now can we? 

In a few minutes, I am headed out to have breakfast with one of my friends. I am so blessed to have good friends, aren't I?

I am working on a story board for my next story. It will be a little better planned out than the last one that I wrote. My daughter, Teresa, tells me that is the best way to plan a story. 

I have a white board calendar that I got when my Sweetie Pie was still living and beginning to have problems knowing what day of the week and month it was, so each month I would fill in the calendar and each day, I would circle the day.

Well, that is about it for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Bye for now. More later. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think our place was built on one gigantic ant hill. Every year we have an invasion under the kitchen door.

Lynn Proctor said...

i haven't seen my little friends yet!