Thursday, February 9, 2012

Not Until Monday, Maybe

Hey, Y'all,
Well, I have been busy over the last week. Beginning on Monday, it has been my privilege to take Carol to work each morning and pick her up in the afternoons. It certainly gave me a purpose and good reason to get up each morning and get out of the house. I have been sleeping in my recliner, of course, and so it is not difficult to get up early.

On Monday, I ate out with the seniors from church at Dino's restaurant, and really enjoyed it. I had Veal Parmesan and although it was tasty, it can't hold a candle to good old Louis' in Knoxville. I'll be sure and have that when I visit Knoxville in May of this year. 

On Tuesday, I had breakfast at Le Peep's and then bought groceries at Kroger's which is next door to Le Peep's. It had been nearly two weeks since I had bought them, so it was time. 

Wednesday, I went to a meeting of Christian Women's Club and had a really wonderful time there. I had been invited by a couple of ladies at my church who are members of the Club. We met at a Country Club and I got to dress up in my glad rags. Then Wednesday evening, supper at church, followed by choir practice. 

This morning, I cleaned my kitchen and then took Carol to where her County car is parked, so she could go to work, and then came back home. After my meal of oatmeal and toast with hot tea, I worked on cleaning up the living room floor and then sorting through cloth and arranging it in a semblance of order. Soon it was time to go to the eye doc's office. After sitting there for about an hour and a half, and expecting to get the "contact lens bandage" removed, I was once again met with disappointing news. Not quite healed yet, and I get to go see him again on next Monday. A few more nights in the recliner and believe me, I am looking forward to lying down in my bed again. Sometimes I wake up and don't realize where I am. Ha.
ying down

After leaving the doc's office, I headed for the sub-courthouse which is not far from his office and got a couple of handicapped parking placards to make it easier for me to access places I need to go. With my spinal stenosis, and aortic stenosis, I have quite a bit of difficulty with getting around. I'll take any help I can get.  From there, I headed to the public library and checked out five new books. Then I headed back towards where I pick up Carol and stopped at a Subway for a meal. Soon after I finished eating, I went on to Carol's parking place and it was not long before she arrived.

We stopped at Kroger's and she got some much needed groceries and then on to her house where I dropped her off with her groceries and here I am. 

Now you know how my week has been going. I have been doing some sewing of the doll quilt I am making for a lady who has Alzheimer's and carries a baby doll around with her. I will soon have it finished and will resume work on completing addition to Carol's quilt. 

 Friends, thanks for all the cheerful well-wishes on my behalf. It helps to know there are people out there who care about me and take the time to express it!


American Idol is back on and going full force. I really enjoy watching that show, although I really don't care a lot about StevenTyler. He is not my idea of an ideal judge. Too much of a "potty mouth" for my liking. 


In a few minutes I am going back into the living room to try to finish up the baby doll quilt and get it done. 


That is about it for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Busy as a bee as usual//Hope your eye will be healed by Monday,Good luck//Have a great day,we are sooo cold here today,been setting on 29 most of the day.

Patricia Stoltey said...

It's fun to know you share my enjoyment of American Idol, Ruby. I also watched The X Factor with Simon Cowell and Paula Abdul and thought it was pretty good, although I like the format of American Idol better.

I hope you eye heals up real soon. I guess it's always something.

Cro Magnon said...

Hello again Ruby. Sorry to hear about your eye problems... Get well soon. Best wishes from a cold and snowy France. Cro xx