Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nothing Jumpin' Round Here Today

Hey, Y'all,
Been trying to decide what to do with my time this afternoon. (The morning is shot, ha ha). I reckon maybe I will do some floor cleaning if I can get up the gumption to do it. I have been trying to cut down on eating, and have had cheerios for a couple of mornings...sorry, but that just doesn't do it for me. So I had my sandwich of mayo, cheese, bologna and tomato early today. Goodness knows what else I will eat before supper time. 

Temperatures today are keeping me inside except to do take Carol to her job and pick her up afterwards. Her car is in the shop being worked on and I am delighted to be able to do this for her. Mothers do like to be able to do for children when they can. 

I was able to visit several blogs last evening now that I am not playing Farmville any more. Playing a game was quite helpful to me to have something that didn't tax my thoughts as I was mourning the passing of my husband. He has been gone almost a year now, and the pain is not mind-numbing to me now. Besides, it was beginning to be quite boring and the challenge was quickly fading away. I imagine I will soon begin quilting again when the mood hits me. 

I have found another tevee show to watch, "Memphis Beat". It stars Jason Lee, who was Earl in "My Name Is Earl". I didn't care for that show, but this one is really good, and was on last evening. 

It is almost 2 p.m. and I need to get moving and so some thing before the day is gone. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. More later. Bye for now.

5 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

It's a pleasure to read your post Ruby, you are always so busy but still have time for blogging,
Loved the read and thanks for your visit,

Take care
Yvonne.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You just needed some time, Ruby.
Now stock up on some apples and healthy snacks. Only do that early in the morning before the heat outside overwhelms you.

Petra said...

You're an inspiration, Ruby, and it's nice to have you visit.

Mom B said...

Thanks agaian, for all the help!

I saw a few minutes of Memphis Beat, and was so sure it was Earl! Thanks for confirming it for me!

Wanda said...

Hi Ruby, I had to kick the Farmville habit too. It's amazing how addicting that game can become.Pleasure having you stop by my place.

Blessings,