Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mid week Stuff

Hey, Y'all,
Here it is the middle of the week, and time is moving on quickly. We are counting down the days till Gramps will have spent one hundred days in the nursing home. I keep hoping that he will recover enough to come home, but I am having serious doubts that it will happen. I know that God's will will be done, regardless of what I think. He may see fit for Dub to improve enough to actually begin walking with the help of a walker, and finally using his cane.

Today, Gramps was doing better than yesterday, and Sam told me that he improved today somewhat. It would be wonderful if he could get therapy twice a day and more practice walking, but Medicare doesn't pay for that much daily therapy. Sam tells me that Gramps needs to stretch his hamstring muscles in the backs of his legs, because they are so very tight. If Gramps would do the exercises with me, I could help him, but he won't. Sam says that Dub is taking the fetal position in sleeping like so many elderly people do. He won't stretch out his legs while he is resting in bed, but insists on keeping them bent. Consequently, when he stands up to walk, his knees remain bent.

Yesterday evening, the Foley catheter was put in again, and will continue to be in until they think the Flomax that he is taking will have the desired effect. Hopefully, some day he will no longer need this.

This afternoon, he had finished his lunch and wanted to be put to bed for his afternoon nap and was threatening to get into bed himself. The CNA came in to put him to bed and told him that I would whip her behind if she let him get into bed by himself. (She is a good-sized lady). He told her that she had enough behind for me to whip. (Can you believe that?) I thought we would all crack up. Ha.

When I left this afternoon, I went to lunch and then came home and took a one hour nap. It was great! Then I headed back to the nursing home and spent a couple of more hours with Gramps before I came home for the evening.

Well, there isn't a lot shaking this evening. I am kind of at loose ends, and not a lot to say. It isn't long til bedtime and I have a lot of printing to do in preparation for getting a loan to buy the house in Texas. So this is Blabbin' Grammy with not a lot of blabbin' to do and signing off for the night. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now, more later. Thank you all for the continued prayers and support.



Goodness Ruby is it nearly 100 days since Gramps went into the hursing home, where have all the days gone? You must feel pretty exhausted what with going back adn forth to see Gramps and thinking of moving. I wish you well.
Take care.

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

I can't believe it has almost been 100 days already. It really doesn't seem like it.
I hope he recovers enough to be home with you.
Good luck with the loan business!

Margie's Musings said...

I continue to have you and Gramps in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with the loan.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

A little humor is a good sign though.

Ella said...

Thinking of you and Gramps; I agree with Alex, humor is a good sign!
Hope the loan works out~

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Grammy said...

Hey, Friends, No, it hasn't been a hundred days yet, I just said we are counting down the days, not that there had been nearly a hundred. Sorry if I gave that misimpression.
Today was a good day, and he was awake all day, I believe.
thanks for your support.