Friday, June 11, 2010

Blessings

Hey, Y'all,
We never know where or when we are going to find blessings, do we? I was thinking about that today while I was at the nursing home. I realized that having Gramps at the nursing home has brought about many blessings in my life.

I realized it when I was walking down the hallway in one of many trips I make down the hallways of the facility. I have been getting a lot of exercise that I wouldn't be getting otherwise. That got me to thinking of other blessings. I am spending a lot more quality time with him, being with him so very much while there. I am getting to meet a lot of people and making new friends. I am learning patience which has always come hard for me. I am realizing more than ever the wonderful support of friends and family (including fellow bloggers and readers). Last but not least, I am getting an opportunity to help others while I am there with him. So many blessings! Thank you, Lord!

Gramps seems to be doing okay and gaining some strength each day, and for that I am so very grateful. I spend several hours each morning with him until after lunch and then I leave to eat my lunch, and return after he has finished therapy. I usually return about 2 or 2:30 p.m., then am with him until he is put to bed around 7:30 or so. By the time I get home in the evening it is about 8 p.m. The rest of the evening passes pretty quickly. He tells me how hard the physical therapist works him and that is good. He is becoming more aware of things around him and this afternoon, I read some passages from a book that I am reading, and he was enjoying hearing it and he laughed. That, too, is a blessing. It seems he is rejoining the world.

Well, today has been a lovely day, and it seems I jumped the gun on Teresa's birthday. It was actually today. Sorry, baby! Happy birthday anyway, and forgive me please for getting my days all mixed up. One day seems to rush into another, and the dates get muddled.

It is about my bedtime, and I am ready to hit the hay. Much love to each of you, my friends. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Bye for now. More later.

5 comments:

unnamed lad said...

Praise God! that's wonderful Ruby! you're looking at things in a positive manner and it sounds as though Gramps is really improving. hope you're getting enough rest as well.

Unknown said...

Hi Ruby! I have to catch up on all that has been going on, I have been busy snuggling on my beautiful baby boy and haven't been around blogland as much as usual lately. I am SO glad to hear that Gramps seems to be doing well and is even laughing again, what a tremendous blessing for you. Hope you are getting some good rest tonight.

God's blessings to you and have a wonderful weekend!

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

You are remarkable Ruby, only you could think og going back abd forth to the hursing home be excercise, You have my utmost admiration.
Blessings to you both.

Yvonne.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good for you! Always look for the special opportunities and blessings in each situation.

Clara....in TN said...

Hang in there Grammy....you're doing good! No need for you to go to the gym! I'm glad gramps is rejoining the world. I'm sure you make it so much better for him.