Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Great Morning

Hey, Y'all,



It has been a lovely morning and getting on towards noon hour now. On our way to breakfast this morning, I noticed one of the residents slowly pushing his way in his wheelchair towards the dining room. I asked if he would like me to push him and he said he would appreciate it, so I did. Then when I pushed him to where he sits, another resident motioned for me to get him some additional table napkins, so I did that. Gee, it felt good to be helping someone else!



After breakfast I went out to sit on the front porch and grab some rays of sunshine. I sat out there for about an hour and a half, then came back in and chatted with one of the other residesnts who likes to play scrabble. If she feels like it, we will play some this afternoon. Her name is Laura.



On my way back to my room, I saw another resident who needed a push to her room and took her back. Then I noticed an open door and I knew the resident who lives there and knew she had not made it to breakfast this morning. Her name is MIldred and she is a lovely lady. I found out she was not feeling well today. She has a problem with her lungs and is often not feeling well. I spoke to her and she said she would not be out of her room today.



After I got to our room, I got out my computer and got comfortable and had a chance to chat online with my daughter, Teresa. We had a lovely time talking to one another and now it is almost lunch time. I will probably eat anything that is not nailed down. Ha. I have regained 6 of the pounds I had lost over the summer. Not too bad, but I am going to have to watch the desserts they serve for lunch and supper. I will probably watch them while I eat them . Ha ha.



I think Gramps is probably already down in the dining room. ha. I had better go find him. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Love to all of you. Bye for now. More tomorrow. Oh, yes, my incision is healing well and probably will be closing up soon.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Good morning Ruby&Gramps,
hope you have a great day,sounds like you are enjoying every day now,That is good that you are happy there,I am enjoying your blogs again,I missed you,Love Barbara

Clara....in TN said...

Good morning, I'm so glad you are feeling better. Enjoy every minute....you deserve it! Sending hugs.....Clara