Well, I am going to do a passing along of a couple of blog awards to five people and hope they each will do the same for five more bloggers.
The awards were given to me by Caitlin of All About Growing Up and Becoming an Author.
Also, I am supposed to give seven facts about myself. So here goes:
1. I am the fifth child in six born living children to my parents. There would have been seven if my mom had not picked up a washtub of water not knowing she was expecting, and miscarried. I would have had a second sister.
2. I am a Tennessee Hillbilliette who is now a transplanted Texan and I'm okay with that. If it weren't for people transplanted to Texas from Tennessee, there would be a lot fewer Texans.
3. I am a procrastinator
4. Biscuits and gravy is my favorite breakfast food (thus my rounded shape).
5. I am a devoted viewer of "The Closer"
6. I am a devoted follower of Jesus Christ
7. I love to "people watch" and interact with them.
Here are four people I have chosen to pass on the blog awards to:
Better is Possible , Cathy, Lost and Found Susan Swiderski at I Think; Therefore, I Yam , Ella's Edge
I am kind of new at this kind of thing, so please forgive if I make mistakes. :)
This week I have been expanding my territory or borders of familiarity where I travel. On Monday, I went to a new place (for me) to eat, called Rosa's Cafe and Tortilla Factory. As you might guess, it is a Mexican restaurant, and the food was excellent. I even ordered Sopapillas for dessert. Yum!
I have not been spending much time out of doors this week because of the intense heat. The weather has been HOT, and promises to increase in rising temps. Two weeks till summer officially begins, but I believe for all intents and purposes, summer is already here. Ha.
Yesterday, I had a late lunch/early supper at a little Italian place, and I feel like I "struck out" when I ordered the spaghetti. It was very disappointing. When you have had spaghetti in Knoxville at Louis' Original Restaurant and enjoyed it, you are spoiled for eating it anywhere else. I had spaghetti there again when I visited a few weeks ago. Hmmm. Oh, well.
Today, I had my favorite breakfast (see above) at Denny's and went from there to Home Depot where I purchased flowers for my new flower beds and also to put in the flower bed around my bird bath. I will try to plant them in the morning. I also stopped at Walmart to buy a small folding stool upon which to place my little round behind while planting the flowers.
Well, that is about it for today. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. More later. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now.