Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Just One More Dream

Hey, Y'all,
Last night (in my dreams - I do dream every night, in technicolor) I was in a big building that I had to either take an elevator or climb the stairs. I had been on an upper floor of the building and sitting at a table. The legs of the table reached to the floor of the first level and the only way I could see to get down to the first floor was to grasp the leg of the table (tubular metal legs) and slide down (like a fireman's escape) to the first floor. 

Later (in my dream) I had to get back up to the second floor and walked back up the stairs, and was looking for Dubby (my husband, who passed away last July). I searched among the faces of the people sitting on chairs and couches, and he waved his hand to me (as he often did when he knew I was looking for him). Then I woke up. 

I got up for a few minutes and then went back to bed, and dreamed something I can't really remember the particulars of, and then awakened again. I turned over and went back to sleep. This time I dreamed of being on a city bus, and I had two freshly baked sugar cookies. I took one out of the bag and began to munch on it. It smelled so yummy and it was not long before the other passengers began to look at me, and I felt bad because they didn't have any. Soooo, I got up and began breaking off pieces and sharing with them. Pretty soon, that one was gone and I was sharing pieces of the second one. That was when I woke up and it was time for me to crawl out of bed for the day. Anybody got any sugar cookies? I could sure use one right now...I would be sure to share it.   :)

Well, last evening I was picked up here by some of the fellow seniors who go out each Monday evening for supper. They were kind enough to stop by for me because of the location of the eating place and my lack of familiarity with it. We went to the Spring Creek Barbecue restaurant, (this is not a paid advertisement for them) and I had a delicious dinner of barbecued pork ribs (so really tender), potato salad, and baked beans. Reckon that was what gave me some of the wild dreams? Ha. I would go back for more in an East Tennessee minute (probably a little longer than a New York minute because life moves a little more slowly in E.T. ha)

Well, I reckon that is about it for today. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. More later. Bye for now. 

8 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

Your dreams were interesting. I seldom dream.

The cookies also sound good. I almost bought some at Braum's yesterday.

Unknown said...

sounds just like you... to share a cookie with everyone on a bus... sounds like a moral story for children... I like it!

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

WOW Ruby that was some dreams.
I dream but can't rememeber what they were about next morning,

Have a good day.
Yvonne.

Grammy said...

I used to tell my dreams to Dubby and he often said, "you should write a book about them." He was amazed that I could remember them in such detail. I have dreamed about him now for some time. I have heard that when you can dream of a person who has passed on, you have accepted their passing. I am very comfortable with dreaming of him. He is always so true to character when I dream of him.

Laura said...

I'm so glad that I found your blog!
I rarely remember what I dream, only when I have weird dreams.
I had many dreams of my mother right after she passed away last summer. In them, I was a young girl and she was well and healthy and walking and comforting me. I guess I wanted the good memories...

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Your comment that dreaming of someone who's passed away means you accept their death is very interesting. I'm a vivid dreamer, too, but I rarely dream about people who've died, no matter how much I miss them. When I do dream of them, I always waste the dream by apologizing for not visiting them for so long.

Angela said...

You're a generous person to share your sugar cookies. Now I'm hungry.

Arlee Bird said...

I'm not totally sure what those dreams mean, but they sound like dreams with very positive messages.
When I dream about my father, who died about 20 years ago, I usually awaken feeling very good and happy.

Lee
Tossing It Out