Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Birthday, Julia!

Hey, Y'all,
Today is the birthday of Julia, Andrew's wife, and mother of their two adorable children. On Sunday last, we celebrated her birthday, mine, and also Mother's Day for all three of us  Carol-(Andrew's mom and my daughter), Julia, and me. It was a really happy occasion (except for my pesky nose running - never did catch that darn thing) and we had a wonderful time together. In attendance were Matt and Amy, Ben and Emily, Andrew and Julia with their two girls, Daryl, Carol, and their houseguest, Audra, who is here in Bedford doing an internship at Nordstrom's Dept. Store. Audra is a college student from grandson Daniel's church in Illinois, and of course, me.

  Amy looks on while Andrew and Matt prepare meal
Emily, Ben, Julia, Amy waiting
Posing for Grammy
Daddy's girl
Grandma's girl
"I'm adorable, too!"
Carol, Daryl, and Audra


Well, those are some of the pictures of our fun time together on Sunday. I'm so glad I could share them with you, my friends and family all over Blogland. :) 


I am feeling better, but still have a nagging cough. I got out yesterday to the library to return books and check out three more to read. I also made it to Lowe's to get some plants for my flower beds. Tomorrow I will publish pics of my flower beds, before and after, so you can see how they were built and then how they look with some flowers planted. Yes, I actually did get the flowers planted that I purchased, and did it myself. 


After I got three hours sleep last night, that was it...I've been up since 1:30 a.m. (cough, cough, cough) drinking lots of water, and using cough drops. I hope I can get a nap sometime today. I did find out yesterday that one of the tornadoes came through just about six blocks down the street and passed about a block from where Carol and Daryl live. They were sitting on their porch watching the clouds, and I was sitting in my bathroom waiting for the "all clear" signal. Branches from a neighbor's tree barely brushed my roof as they came off their tree. I was oblivious to everything going on around me, except I could hear the hail hitting my roof. 

Well, this is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. More later. Bye for now.

3 comments:

Keena said...

nice get together....you have a beautiful family

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you can be with so much family, Ruby!

Petra said...

Hope your cough goes away and that you'll have great sleep! I can't wait to see the flowerbed pictures! Glad God is keeping you safe. Blessings!