Saturday, September 25, 2010

Oreos and Milk

Hey, Y'all,
Today has been one of those days that has passed quietly, with a good breakfast to begin the day. There was rain last night which continued this morning, making it a good morning to read a pleasant romance. You know, the ones that you know are going to turn out with the guy getting the gal, living in a small town where everyone else knows everyone's business and are pulling for the couple to get together. The ones that make you wipe the eyes and then go, ahhhh.

About 11 a.m. I came into the sewing/computer/workroom and began sewing again on the baby quilt for Mae's great great granddaughter, Alli, scheduled for entering this old world in November. I know Mae is hoping for the birth to occur on her (Mae's) birthday. That would really be neat, eh? I hope it happens that way.

My days are not what one would call exciting but I am happy with them. I had a really crazy dream last night. In that dream, Dubby and I went to a program at University of Tennessee and I had left my purse there. I had to go back after it the next morning, and had trouble getting back into the building, being sure that the purse would be empty if I did succeed in finding it. Once I was back in the building, I couldn't find the room, but I finally did and there was my purse, just where I had left it, with nothing missing. Now the really strange thing, is that the first part of the dream was before I woke up around 5 a.m. It was after I went back to sleep that I found the purse. What do you think of that? Do you ever begin a dream, then wake up and go back to sleep and finish it? I have done that many times. I don't know what it means, but it sure is interesting, isn't it?

Well, today has been spent reading, watching tevee and sewing. I have spoken to both my sisters-in-law in Knoxville, and they seem to be doing well. Imazo's son, David, and wife, Andrea, are in Knoxville visiting from Arizona, and I know how happy she is to have them come to see her and the family that still lives there. It is always great to see family, isn't it? I finished up my day with a glass of milk and a few oreo cookies. Yum!

Speaking of family, we gathered at Carol and Daryl's last night, with Matt and Amy, Ben and Emily, Julia and her and Andrew's two little girls and me had supper there and spent a fun evening together. It was topped off with a call from the oldest son, Daniel, calling from Illinois. We played a card game that Daryl had gotten for his birthday, called "Killer Bunnies". It is a very complicated game and I guess I could learn it after playing it a dozen times or so, but dominoes or Apples to Apples is more my style. Ha.

Well, that is about it for today. Teresa had her second chemo infusion yesterday, and seems to be doing okay. She wore her doo-rag to the infusion and said she got some compliments on how well it looked. She is quite self conscious about it, naturally, but I know she will be able to do what she has to do. Please continue to pray for her strength. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. You can find a link to her blog "Pickin' up the Pieces" under my "Other Interesting Blogs" to the right of this posting. Any encouragement that you can give her will be appreciated. More later. Much love to each of you. Bye for now.


Anonymous said...

Hi Grammy, I will continue to pray for Teresa and keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Sounds like you had a quiet but interesting day. I have been watching the world equestrian games opening on t.v. tonight. Thank you for supporting my new website for the Southern Lady Cooks and being a fan. I hope you have a good week.

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Seems like you've settled in ok Ruby. I will certainly keep my prayers going for Teresa, it must be hard for you having gone through a big upheavel in a short space of time,

Have a lovely Sunday and Take care.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Your lazy days are far busier than mine.