Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Not Much Doing...

Hey, Y'all,
Yeah, not a lot going on these days, so I haven't posted in a few days. Saturday, I did a little cleaning, and laundry. Sunday, there was church and afterwards, I went over to Carol and Daryl's and had lunch with them, after which we played a few rounds of dominoes.

Monday, I was mostly flippin' around here in my gown and not doing very much. My grandson, Andrew, did come over and mow the yard for me, so I really appreciated that. He made short work of it, and was soon gone. I had a quiet supper and watched some tevee, and then went to bed.

Tuesday, I cut pieces for the baby quilt that I am making for Mae's great-great granddaughter who is to be born in November, and today I went to Bible Study and then had lunch with Carol at Mooyah's. Later, I went to shop for shoes and found a pair that suited me. While there, I met and talked to a lady who is a nurse. She was shopping for a pair of shoes to wear to a memorial service of a neighbor of hers. She was telling me how her neighbor's ex-wife had still been good friends with the neighbor, and always brought his supper to him. Well, she had gone in to check on him, and saw he was on the couch looking like he was asleep, but he was making strange noises. So she came over and got the nurse to check for a pulse.

Well, yeah, there was no pulse, so apparently the noises were from the gases coming from the body after death. Anyway, it was an interesting story.

I also chatted with one of the bank tellers when I stopped there before lunch. We were talking about the costs of burials. Her parents are from Costa Rica, and we were talking also about the tremendous amount of paperwork involved in settling estates. The way the subject came up was because I was cashing a refund check made out to Dubby (my husband) and how the utilities and such were in his name, but I was the one who wrote the checks. We talked about how different people deal with the death of loved ones, and how her grandma passed away eight years ago. Anyway, it was an interesting conversation.

Well, that is about it for today. My daughter, Teresa, has been losing her hair in big clumps and is almost bald already. She told me while ago that Tom was getting ready to shave her head and they were going to do that right after we stopped our online chat. God bless her! I am so sorry she is having to go through all this. Please continue to keep them both in your prayers. I know she will appreciate it.

I am planning on sewing on the baby quilt tomorrow, so this is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. It is time for me to do a little bit of work around here. Maybe find some small something to have for supper, maybe some cereal. There will be grocery shopping to do in the morning, since it has been over a week since I went. More later. Much love to each of you. Bye for now.


Beth Zimmerman said...

Ah sweet lady you have been through so much since we last visited! I was so sorry to read of the passing of your husband! I pray that God is blessing you as you step out in this new phase of your life journey! Nice to have a chance to visit with you again!

WhisperingWriter said...

Your daughter is in my thoughts for sure.

Good luck with the baby quilt.

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Hello Ruby, It goes without saying that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter.
Take care and God bless.

Anonymous said...

I have your daughter in my thoughts and prayers. You seem to have settled into your new home and are very comfortable there with family. I am so glad.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

"Interesting" story? I'd say freaky!

Trudy said...

Very sad about Theresa and the hair, I will certainly keep all of you in my prayers during this difficult time. Mostly, just pray for God to heal her body!

Have a blessed weekend Ruby!