Saturday, June 21, 2008

June visit to Texas

Howdy thar',
This is Blabbin' Grammy with my first ever posting. This is new to me, as you may very well guess. Gramps and I are visiting with our daughter and son-in-law, Carol and Daryl, on our annual trek out to Texas and the big city. We get to see some of our dear grandchildren also, while we are here.

It is always a delight to see and spend time with them. We have been coming to Texas to visit with them for over 25 years, and of course, I drive us out here each time. We only flew one time, and decided we didn't really care for it that much. They were in San Antonio at the time, and so we cashed in our plane tickets and took the bus back home. BIG MISTAKE! It took us 24 hours to make the trip home by Greyhound. That was the slowest dog you ever saw.

Now, you will see that the name of Blabbin' Grammy for my blog is really quite apt, because I have been known to really blab stuff.

Gramps is not always a happy camper travelling, although he is always nice about it. He is one sweet person, and not a complainer, as anyone who knows him can quickly tell you. Poor guy! I really love to drive and to travel. We just bought a new car, traded in our Rav4 for a Toyota Yaris, (red) and I really like it. It gets 41 mpg and I have always wanted a red car.

We have been having a really neat time here with family. Got to have supper with them on Wednesday and also got to play a game of dominoes with Carol and Daryl. Emily has classes this summer at DBU and Matt is working a lot. Andrew and Julia are expecting their first child, (a girl) on or about September 8, and we are all excited for them.

Yesterday, Carol, Gramps and I went out to do some shopping and I found a really neat glass top and wrought iron table for our front porch at home. Well, that is all the blabbin' for right now. More later. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off.

No comments: