Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Just Cogitatin'

Hey, Y'all,
Yeah, I know it has been awhile since I last posted, but here I am again. Saturday afternoon, Carol and Daryl came over and mowed the yard for me. Before they got here, one of my next door neighbors was outside working in his yard and we chatted awhile and I told him I would like to have my hedges taken out that are in front of my house. He (Tim) said, "Would you like me to take them out for you?" I said, "sure". He wanted to know if I would like them out then and that he would go ahead and do it for me. So when I said go ahead, he got his truck and backed up into the yard, and he and his wife, Tina, hooked the really strong webbed rope around the base of the shrub, and pulled one of them out, and then they did another and then another till all of those on one side of the front door had been removed. I plan to plant flowers where the hedges were. Now I can really see out the living room windows. Carol and Daryl got here before they were finished with the four hedges that they took out. Carol and Daryl fastened the shrubs into bundles, so that the trash collectors would pick them up on Tuesday. Now that only leaves about three on the other side of the front door. 


Sunday began cool and rainy and the cool has continued on through today. Yesterday, Kristy was not able to come with her boys to visit and have lunch with me, but her husband, Lucas came and brought the three oldest boys and we had homemade chicken pot pie, followed by fruit with whipped topping. After lunch we played chicken foot dominoes, which I taught them how to play. We had a really great time together. 


Today was Bible study day, and it was good as always. I came home and had lunch and then headed out to the doctor's office for my appointment to get reestablished with a doctor that I had been seeing when she was only coming once a week to the Senior Health Center. The health center closed this month, and so I began seeing her in her regular office today.
My blood pressure was 112/68 and that is great! They did bloodwork today too, and the lab tech was really good! She was able to hit the vein with the first stick of the needle, in the vein in the back of my hand. I had to hug her and thank her. She related to me that when she was fifteen and had to have her tonsils out, the technician was so good she didn't even feel the needle stick and decided then and there that she wanted to do that when she grew up, and help people. Isn't that neat?


Now as to the cogitatin' I been doin' - I'm thinking about the A to Z Challenge coming up day after tomorrow for the month of April, and getting excited about it. I'm hoping we will be getting a great response from a lot of bloggers. I know I really enjoyed the challenge of it last year. 


I have a ticket to go to see Phantom of the Opera on Saturday, and I'm excited about that too. Life is good, isn't it?  Daryl has taken Carol out on a date tonight to see "Rigoletto" the opera in Dallas at the theater. I am sitting here, this evening listening to the singers on American Idol. I really enjoy that show. 


I  went to the Texas Roadhouse for supper tonight, and had some steak, salad, and a baked sweet potato. Yum! I am hoping I can sleep tonight. Cool nights really make for some great sleep, you know. It is supposed to be in the 80's by Saturday. I reckon I may hit Walmart in the morning for a little while. 


That's about it for tonight. I have been doing quite a bit of communicating with Teresa on Skype, and it is wonderful to be able so see her and talk with her. It does my heart good to see her doing so well. I feel like I have both my girls close to me now. 


This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for tonight. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later.

4 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

This year's challenge is gonna be huge. Heading towards 900 signups right now, which is really more than any one person can handle. At least we have a wide range of choices.
Home made chicken pot pie sounds so good. Mmmm!


Lee
Tossing It Out
Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I do enjoy reading about your life Ruby, hope all is well with you, look forward to your A to Z entries,

Yvonne.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yes, over 850 and still climbing! Challenge will rock this year.

Unknown said...

Loved your post, and yes, Skype is wonderful isn't it, I speak to my American friend in Atlanta every day.