Thursday, March 24, 2011

Early Morning Excitement

Hey, Y'all,
Well, I am watching (and have been for a couple of hours) a daring rescue of a driver of a semi-truck which was hanging over a bridge wall, about hundreds of feet from the ground on an interstate 20/35 (near the juncture) going south from Fort Worth. A specially trained rescue team from Ft. Worth fire department was working on the rescue and had to use a crane to lower one of the firemen into the cab. A part of the trailer also has a car trapped between the trailer and the wall of the bridge. All that is keeping the trailer on the bridge is about four of its wheels. They have rescued the driver of the semi, and he was able to walk away. He had been fastened into his trailer with his seat belt. Can you imagine being in a truck cab that is dangling over the edge of a bridge?

The people in the Honda car are still conscious, but it is going to be some time yet before they will be rescued. The firefighters are trying to stabilize the truck before they can complete the rescue. It is amazing to watch and I am so glad that I am here in my own little room and not out there in all that mess. No doubt this will make the national news. I see also that there is another wreck near Denton which is not far from Dallas. If I need excitement here, all I have to do is turn on the news in the morning (when people are going to work) or in the afternoon when they are heading home.  That is enough excitement for me. 


Well, that is all the news that is news this morning. More later. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for right now. Bye for now.
Addendum:  They have now rescued the people from the car (7:30 a.m. add on)

2 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

That sounds like the kind of excitement that is not needed, Ruby. Poor people!

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Good gracious Ruby that was some excitement, I do hope that all is well and none seriously injured,

Yvonne.