Wednesday, March 16, 2011


Hey, Y'all,
This has been a busy day for me....busier than I thought it was going to be..left the house this morning around ten a.m. to go to the Senior Care Center where I used to go to see the doctor. I needed to fill out paperwork to get my records transferred to the doctor's office where I will be going in the future. You see, it is a little complicated (isn't everything in life a little complicated?)...a group of internists had had a contract with the senior care center so that seniors could come to one place and receive medical treatment. The contract ran out last winter, and they were hoping to get connected with another group of doctors at the senior care center but the deal fell through. I had originally opted to stay with the senior center and get established with a new doctor who would be coming there. So now, I will be going to the doctor's office that I got established with at the senior care center. Her office is just down the street from the senior care center. The senior care center is closing down at the end of March.

Now the next part of this complicated story is that I got word from the mail order service that fills my prescriptions, that two of my prescriptions will no longer be paid for by my insurance company, because they are brand names and I must get new written prescriptions for the generic forms of these. Hence, I had to make an appointment with the doctor to write one of them. The other prescription is written by my cardiologist, and after going to the senior care center to fill out the paperwork to get my records transferred to my internist doctor's office. I decided to go ahead and see if I could get the new prescription for the cardiology doctor at his office, so I left the senior care center and went to the cardiologist's office. I found out there that I will have to go back tomorrow afternoon to pick it up.

Upon leaving the cardiologist's, I proceeded towards home and happened to look over to my right where I saw a new building which had the word "Library" over the door. I had been hearing about Bedford building a new public library. Wow! I just pulled in to the parking lot, parked and exited my car. I walked in to a place that just simply made me so happy just looking around. As you may know, I have had an ongoing love affair with books ever since I was old enough to read. It is safe to say that for 70 years I have loved to read. I immediately applied for and received my own library card, and checked out a couple of paperback books. Ah yes, and for the checking out experience....I went to the information desk and asked if I checked out my books there, the lady said, the next desk down is where you check out.

I went down to the next desk, and saw that the checkout was completely automated. I had to ask another patron how to use the checkout machine. Zoweee! Modern technology has really come a long way since the old write your name on the card in the back of the book and get a date stamped on the date due slip action. Well, I left there and headed out and went in the direction away from home and had to find my way back to where I needed to be. I'll try not to do that again. Ha!

Now, another problem has been in my arena, and that is the problem of my clothes dryer. It stopped working last week, and I decided to call a repairman,(named Paul) who came this afternoon and looked at it, and determined that the problem was the outlet where the cord is plugged in. Paul called a friend of his< (Willie), who is an electrician who came a few minutes ago. Willie removed the cord out of the plug, and he just showed me where the cord is fried. I am blessed that it didn't catch on fire. Willie is replacing the cord, and repairing the outlet, where one of the wires was loose and the whole plug had been hanging out of the outlet. It is being fixed by Willie, and he is also replacing the dryer breaker so that when it trips, the whole dryer breaker will trip at the same time.

Well, that is about it for today. Oh yeah, here is a really dandy way to fix a sweet potato. Simply peel and slice it into 1/2 inch thick slices, single layer them on aluminum foil in a pan. Spray the foil with oil spray, layer the potato slices on it, then spray the potato slices with a little more oil spray, sprinkle extra spicy Mrs. Dash on them and bake at 425 for about 25 minutes and then enjoy. Yum! I had some of them for lunch today along with a couple of pieces of fish that I baked in the same pan at the same time (Mrs. Gorton's fish fillets). Made for a really good lunch!

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Oh yes, I have been enjoying using my Skype to talk to Teresa and also to mine and Dubby's niece, Donna and her aunt (Dubby's sister) Bonnie. What fun!

That is about it for today. Bye for now. More later.


Barbara said...

You was a busy,busy girl today.Sounds like you had an interesting day.We may go see Imazo next week,Joann is on spring break she is the one that takes me and Dorothy up there.The weather sounds great the rest of the week and next week as well,mid70's have a good evening..

welcome to my world of poetry said...

You have been busy Ruby, jsut take care of yourself.


Margie's Musings said...

Be careful you don't overdo it, Ruby.

By the way, I haven't gone to the library since I got my Kindle for Christmas. You should get one. They are a terrific way to read.

Grammy said...

Margie, I have an e reader by Sony and enjoy it tremendously, too. :)

Barbara I hope you all have a really great time. Let me know how she is really doing...

Yvonne, thanks for your well wishes, too.
Love to all of you.