Saturday, December 31, 2011

What My Christmas Was Like This Year - an Essay

Hey, Y'all,
Yeah, here I am again, just like the proverbial bad penny, I always turn up somewhere. Ha.

I've been thinking about how my Christmas was this year and I am going to pretend I am back in school writing an essay on "What My Christmas Was Like This Year".

This year, we spent Christmas mostly at Carol and Daryl's home and it was a lot of fun, like it always is, but had something special added. Teresa and Tom were able to come into town and visit with us. They came from far away in Alabama and had to drive two days to get to see us. Teresa is Carol's younger sister and Tom is Teresa's husband. Tom and Teresa came to my house some too, and did some things around the house for me. Teresa and I played with my new Cameo Silhouette cutting machine and Tom fixed an inset for a sewing machine cabinet that made it possible for me to use it as a desk. (The old sewing machine had been removed from the cabinet, leaving a hole in the top of the cabinet). He also hung a picture for me that used to be over my mantle in the house where I used to live in Tennessee.

At Carol's house, we exchanged gifts (that was a lot of fun), and we ate, and we played games. We enjoyed watching the little kids open gifts and play with them. There was a lot of talking and catching up on stuff that had been happening since we last saw one another. We ate some more, and played some more games. We looked at each others gifts. We enjoyed our time together. It was over too soon. 

I loved all the gifts I received, but even more so, I enjoyed the wonderful times together that we had. Carol is a gracious hostess and Daryl is a great host, as well. The spirit of love lives on in their home.  Of course, we missed having Daniel, Whitney and their four children being there with us, but we did visit with them via Skype and enjoyed that tremendously. We loved having all of the rest of us there together.

Of course, we all missed my Dubby but we know he is with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, so there was no sorrow for Dubby, just happiness in knowing that truth. 

That was what my Christmas was like this year.  

Now for a few pictures.
Quilt I made for Roman, Teresa and Tom's grandson
Quilt I made for Teresa
Cool Kids Keeping Warm
Daryl, Ben, Emily, Teresa and Tom Playing Board Game
Matt and Carol
Carol, Grammy and Teresa (Mom with two daughters)
Emily, Ben, Matt and Amy (a lovely group of some of my grandchildren)
Teresa, Tom, Carol, Daryl and Old Grammy in front
Those are the pictures that I had on my camera. Unfortunately, I didn't get pics of Andrew and Julia with their two sweet children, but I have the pictures in my head. Sorry, I can't share them with you. 


I have some wonderful memories of my church family during this season as well. We had a Christmas party a week before Christmas and had a lovely time. I also had my family come to church with me on Christmas day and that was wonderful as well. I feel so very blessed. 


This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

So good to see you back,boy I missed you.Glad you had a good Christmas with family and church family.I was a little puny for a few days,sinis troubles.Doing a little better now.Hope to see a blog more often.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Yes good to see you back. Pleased you had a good Christmas Ruby,
I wish you a very Happy New Year.

Yvonne.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, and those quilts are absolutely gorgeous. Here's wishing you and your family a very happy new year.

Clara....in TN said...

Hi Ruby, sounds like you had a Merry Christmas. I love the quilts. You surely put in a lot of work on them. Go to my blog and look at the violet you gave me.