Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve- 2010

Hey, Y'all,
This past week (since I posted on Tuesday) has been a quiet one. On Tuesday during the day, I worked out in the back yard, and pulled up the plants that were planted at the base of the bird bath. On Wednesday, I went to Lowe's and purchased some pansies to plant around the bird bath. Also, I talked to my sister-in-law, Mae, and really enjoyed that, as well. Wednesday evening, I went over to Carol's and had some really tasty homemade vegetable beef soup that she had prepared. Yesterday, I had a visit from Rev. Dusty Burris, one of the new associate pastors from our church, and he brought me a beautifully wrapped basket of goodies, as a gift from the church. We had a lovely visit together, and after he had left, I heated the leftover soup and had it for my lunch.

While I was eating my lunch, who should call me but my good friend, Mark Bennett, Daryl's cousin. Mark and Allie moved to California shortly before I moved to Texas. It was wonderful to be able to chat with him for awhile. It was like old times. Thank you, Mark! You lit up my day. :)

I just talked to sister-in-law, Imazo, and wished her a Merry Christmas, and enjoyed our chat very much. It seems she is going to be great grandma, and very happy about it, (of course). Her grandson, Andrew, and his wife, Laura, are going to be parents in June. Congratulations, you all!

On Wednesday, I attempted setting out some of the pansies, and realized the ground was too hard, and not enough dirt anyway, so I asked Carol if she and Daryl could help me by getting some more bricks and dirt. Last evening, we went to Lowe's and purchased the same, and also got some plywood to close up my fireplace in the living room. I am going to decorate the plywood, and Daryl will close in the fireplace after I get it decorated.

This morning, I had just gotten up and turned on my cell phone, when it rang, and it was Carol telling me that they were going to fix the fence in the back yard, and see also if the plywood fit (I had premeasured the other day and taken the measurements to Daryl). They would be here soon, she said. Well, a little later, I look out in my back yard and see Santa's little helpers, with their elfin toboggans and coats on, working on replacing the missing planks in the fence. Voila! They did fast work, and then came on into the house where they placed the plywood into the openings of the fireplace. Voila! Those fit, too. Shazam! What great work they do!
Then, with a goodbye hug and kisses, they were on their way to do other good things with their day.

This afternoon at about 3:45 they are picking me up to go to Andrew and Julia's home for snacks and exchanging of Christmas gifts with their family. Then on to church for a Christmas Eve service, then back home for supper and rest.

It is rainy and cold here today, and very quiet. I am missing my Sweetie Pie, of course, but I know he is celebrating with the Master, and very happy with rejoicing. I will get through this, and I know I am not going through anything that millions of other people are not or have not gone through. I am blessed in having so many people who love and care for me, and I know it.

Merry Christmas to all of you, my dear friends and family. I love all of you, and wish you only the best. This is Blabbin' Grammy, signing off for now. More later.
P>S> Don't eat too much dinner tomorrow or Christmas candy and snacks. :)

4 comments:

Serbian Mink said...

May the peace of the Lord be with you always...sobrina.

patsy said...

Merry Christmas.

Margie's Musings said...

I know exactly what you mean, Ruby. This my first Christmas in 56 years without my Bob.

Margie's Musings said...

But we are both having a Merry Christmas in spite of that because of so many wonderful family and friends that care about us. Clara is going through the same thing this year.