Monday, July 26, 2010

In Arkansas

Hey, Y'all,
Well, it is Monday morning, and after a rather restless night in a wonderfully comfortable motel, we have had breakfast and are about ready to be "on the road again" and traveling westward. We spent the night in a suite at Comfort Suites, and the beds were wonderful, but my mind just wouldn't shut up. My pillow was stuffed into a pillow case that made the pillow too fat, so I didn't really get to sleep until I removed the pillow from the case. I would guess that maybe I got three or fours hours total. Ina was yelling "help" in her sleep and I hollered over at her to wake up. We had a large suite with two queen size beds. We were in the lap of luxury, but I couldn't appreciate it with my lack of sleep. Oh well.

Yesterday, Ina drove for quite a while and then I took over and drove until we reached our destination for the night. We drove through the little burg of Forrest City and decided to do it up right and get the room here at this motel up on top of the hill. We had supper at the Pizza Hut, although we considered the Bonanza Steakhouse. However, when we went into the Bonanza, it was about as hot as it was outdoors and we decided we wanted a cool place to eat, so it was the Pizza Hut.

This morning they had a yummy breakfast with lots of choices here at the Comfort Suites, so we ate very well. I talked with Gramps last night. Carol called and said she was there at the Bishop Davies with him, and Amy (Matt's wife) was with her. He told me he had been talking with Carol and her daughter, Amy. He told me he missed me and asked me where I was. I told him that I am on my way to him. He said "I miss you every minute." Bless his heart, I miss him, too.

Well, we gotta be on our way in a few minutes. Thank you all for your prayers for our safe journey and your well wishes, too. Love to all of you, My friends and family. I'm keeping in touch via facebook, too. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Bye for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grammy, you are just like Willie Nelson, On The Road Again! So glad things are going well for you both except for losing some sleep. I am sure Gramps is anxiously awaiting your arrival. Take care and be safe. Love and prayers.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Hope the rest of your travels go smoothly and please take care.
You are one remarkable lady Ruby.

Yvonne.

Margie's Musings said...

I hope your trip is safe. I'm glad you have a traveling companion.

Margie's Musings said...

By the way, you know you can delete that spammer.