Monday, April 23, 2012

Cardiologist's Report

Hey, y'all, 
This is just a note to family and friends who are interested...wanted to give you an update after seeing my cardiologist...I seem to be doing okay...echo cardiogram turned out more or less same as last one. Pace maker is still doing about 50% of my heartbeats which is in normal range. He told me to just pace myself and only do what I feel like doing. (That suits me, all right) The aortic valve seems like it might be a little narrower but not appreciably. He says these echos are not completely reliable. If it goes down to say .7 millimeter we might have to do something. Sounds like he might agree with what Dr. Kelly said three years ago..."She's a walking time bomb. ha." As Brenda Lee Johnson of "The Closer" says, "time is passing, tick tock, tick tock. 
Lost my credit card again today...just can't seem to keep that little piece of plastic where it's supposed to be. Must have pulled it out of my dress pocket when I got my keys out to unlock my car, or maybe, just left it on the cashier's stand. Anyway, I have called and cancelled it. No charges after mine were on it. No harm, no foul. 
Tha-tha-tha-that's all folks. :)

8 comments:

Pat Carroll Marcantel said...

Tick-tock, tick-tock--can you hear me, Ruby? Yep. I'm just a ticking and a tocking right along with you. And losing stuff? Don't even try to top me. Isn't growing old just so much fun?
The main thing is, we can laugh at ourselves. Not everybody is able to do that, or will even try to do that.
I know that as long as I'm in that mode, I'm gonna do all right.
Take care of yourself while you're having all this a-to-z-fun.

Grammy said...

Hi, Thanks for the encouragement. I rarely ever hit the doldrums, and if I do I am not there for long. Don't worry, not in dumps right now. My old ticker is doin' okay. :)

Mom's Blog said...

God won't lose a single Tick He has planned! Nice to be TOLD by a doc to only do what you want to do! Hee hee!

At least you know what to do when the credit card gets lost! :-)

I'm glad you're still tick tocking! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of doing just what you want....I wish someone would tell me that. As for losing things...don't even go there.

myletterstoemily said...

that sounds like a pretty good heart
report. too bad about the credit
card. happens to me too often.

anthony stemke said...

Sorry about your credit card.I take it out to use it and leave it in shirt pocket. So I misplace it more than lose it.
I've had 3 MI's and have 5 stents.
My best to you.

Angie said...

Please, take it easy! We'd like to keep those posts coming! :)

Pearson Report said...

Sounds like you have had an eventful day - do take care of yourself. You're going to have to find a safe place for your credit card so you aren't having to cancel it again.

Smiles coming your way,
Jenny @ Pearson Report
Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.