Friday, March 23, 2012

March is Drawing to a Close

Hey, Y'all,
Well, it is nearing the end of March and you all know what that means! Yep, almost time for the A to Z Challenge. I have been thinking about what I want to do this year to face the challenge. Something different, for sure. 

On Tuesday evening, our Texas family gathered to visit with granddaughter Emily before she takes off for Colorado to live. She will be coming back in May for a family wedding. Her cousin, Amy, will be getting married then. I will just be back from visiting family in Tennessee at that time as well. 

As we sat around the table I was remembering times that I sat around that very table when it was part of my household belongings in Tennessee. I shared meals with my friends and family back there and then gave the table and hutch to Carol and Daryl when Dubby and I moved to Florida for a few years back in 2004. The table has become the gathering place for food and fellowship here in Texas. 

Emily leaves tomorrow for Colorado and a few of us will be visiting with her this evening at Carol's. We are going to miss her and Ben for sure, but knowing she is happy will be worth it all. 

I pressed cloth all day Wednesday and most of Thursday, getting it ready to use when it is needed. I also went through the storage (under the bed type) plastic boxes of cloth I have and sorted it out according to uses I have planned for it. That makes it easier to locate what I want when I need it. So much to do, so little time. Ha. Organization is so necessary for a job, isn't it? 

I was checking my appointment calendar and realized that I have several doctor's appointments in April. They seem to be all kind of bunched up together for the last two weeks of April. In fact, two of them are for the same day, one morning and one a few  hours later. Good thing they are close together geographically. I may have to change the first one to a later date. hmmm.

Oh yeah, I got my Birkenstocks on Wednesday. One of my fellow choir members told me that they are ugly. Ha ha. Maybe so, but I am hoping they will be really comfortable. They are made to fit my feet. Hmmm. Maybe it is just my feet that are ugly....

Well, I can't think of much else to write about right now. I have several projects in the works, along with some house work to attend to, so, this is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later. 

 

No comments: