Sunday, January 22, 2012

Like a Chimp with an Encyclopedia

Hey, Y'all,
Well, yeah I have entered (really) the world of higher technology and have a lot more to learn. Yesterday, Carol and I went out to get some cloth to finish up her quilt that I am making, and as we were turning in to the shopping center, I saw the Verizon Wireless store, and asked her if we could stop. I was eligible for an upgrade. So we went in and after looking around, I decided I wanted a Droid phone. I have been using a Blackberry Curve and it was pretty cool, so I thought I would just go "cooler". Speaking of curves, it presents a whole new learning curve. I feel like a chimp with an encyclopedia, a "what do I do with this?" feeling. Ha ha. But, unlike the chimp, I will learn, I know. 

This apparently has been my winter of technology, because about a month before Christmas, I decided to get an embroidery machine (I had one for several years but it went ka-pooey on me). I can download patterns from the internet onto a thumb drive for it. Also, for Christmas, Teresa and Tom gave me a Silhouette Cameo cutting machine, which also is hooked up to the computer. I am learnin' lots o' stuff, don't'cha know? With a lot left to go. Ha ha. 

Hoping to get Carol's quilt finished this week. It is a queen sized quilt (about 80x108") and I've had some fun doing it. Also, some problems which make the pattern more interesting. I will definitely take a pic or two when I have completed it. 

Well, that is about it for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. This is Blabbin' Grammy, shuttin' my mouth for a while. Bye for now. More later.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

You are an amazing lady,Take care.