Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Preparations

Hey, Y'all,
Well, it is mid week again, and I have been somewhat busy getting ready to visit my grandson and family in Illinois. On Friday, I will arm my alarm system and leave for my visit. My next door neighbor, Cooter Jones, (an old fellow from Alabama who knows how to shoot the eye out of a fly at sixty paces), will also be on alert watching my place, so I have no worries about my home while I am away.

I have my suitcase just about packed and I have been cleaning out my fridge, and getting my kitchen put in order. I have also got the quilt pieces arranged for placing on the quilt strips. Yesterday was laundry day, and it is all put away. I even pressed a few pieces with the iron (almost agin my housekeepin' practices). Didn't want to embarrass my family in Illinois with wrinkled clothes. Ha.

While I was in Walmart this morning doing a little last minute shopping, I was talking to a checkout lady and we were talking about being happy versus not being, regardless of our situations, and it is refreshing to talk to other Christians about the way we meet life. 

I still don't have the results of my bloodwork back from the doctor's office. This morning, I drove to the doctor's office, presuming mistakenly that the report would be back since the blood was drawn ten days ago. Well, duh! It wasn't back and I was informed that they would call me when they had it back. Oh, well, so much for rash assumptions. Ha.

Tonight is supper at the church and then choir practice. Tomorrow I am planning on doing a little more music inventory. I will be reminding Karen to bring her laptop tomorrow to church so that I can actually enter the info into the spread sheet. 

Last evening, I enjoyed going out to supper with Carol. We ate at Cheddar's and I had the braised roast beef with mashed potatoes and carrots. OH my goodness, it was so yummy, and I couldn't really do it justice but I did my best but left at least half of it. I knew if I brought it home, I would probably not eat it, but toss it out. 

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later.

4 comments:

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

I hope you have a wonderful visit in Illinois. Not only will you get to spend time with family, but you should get to experience some cooler temperatures. Maybe even some (gasp!) rain. (Do you even remember what that feels like?)

I had to chuckle at you ironing your clothes. Years ago, when I flew to Hawaii to meet my husband for R&R, I not only carried my clothes but civilian clothes for him, as well. So, natch I ironed everything before I packed. (No permanent press back then.) When I got to the hotel, everything in the suitcase was a wrinkly mess. Luckily, there was an iron and ironing board in the hotel room, so the evening before my husband arrived, I stayed in the hotel room ironing our clothes all over again.

Take care. And again, have a wonderful trip.

Matthew said...

I hope you warn your nieghbor about your granchildren who will come by to mow so they don't get shot!

Grammy said...

Hey, Susan, Thanks for the story about your trip to Hawaii, and thanks for the well wishes!
Matt, Ol' Cooter knows you all, you know, so he won't shoot you. :)
Love,
Ruby

myletterstoemily said...

spread sheet????? you're amazing!
i sing in the choir, too, and love it.
"when we all get to heaven . . . "
we'll know what to sing, huh?