Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Day 14 - Cecee's Adventures

We finished our meal and, of course, had to make a trip to the toilets again.

This time, when I pushed on the lever of the toilet, I was amazed to look down through it, and see the railroad tracks as we sped along!

Wow! Wait til I told Mama!

I began running back through the cars, sensing no danger in doing so, and ran smack dab into a stranger in the adjoining car!

"Whoa! Little missy! Where you headin' in sich a all-fired hurry?"

I stared up at the man, not knowing what to say.

"I, uh, uh, back to my seat."

"Well, now, if you ain't jist the cutest little gal I ever seen! What's yore name?"

By this time, he had his huge hand on my arm, and was pulling me toward him.

Just then, my Papa came through, and saw me in the stranger's grasp.

"Daughter! I've been looking for you! There you are! Sir, if you'll be so kind to turn her loose..."

"Oh, Papa! I'm so glad to see you!"

Pulling myself from the man's loosened grasp, I ran to my Papa, and grasped his hand.

As I did so, Mary came hurrying through the car on her way back from the toilet, with Daisy in tow.

"Cecee! Why didn't you wait for us?"

I knew I was going to be in trouble once again.

The stranger stood to one side, taking it all in.




1 comment:

Delores said...

I don't like strangers who grab hold of little girls. Maybe Pa had better accompany the girls on their potty breaks.