Monday, January 25, 2016

Day 6 - Cecee's Adventures

Then Mama began to cry, tears running down her face.

"Those dishes are the ones your Papa bought for me many years ago. Now, there they lie, broken and shattered into pieces. Daisy, how could you?"

Daisy ran over and wrapped her arms around Mama.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I only wanted a bit of candy, and I thought I could get it for myself and not bother anyone else."

"I told her, Mama! Not to do that, but you know Daisy! Daisy does what she wants to!"

"Girls, girls! When will you ever learn? We have rules for a reason! With no rules, everybody would just do what they want to and there would be people running all over each other, just doing whatever they wanted to. Now, Daisy, you get busy and pick up these pieces of china. Eugene,  you and Arthur see if you can set this cabinet up right on the other half, where it goes. Cecee, you get the broom and begin sweeping up the smaller pieces. Mary, you watch and see that it's all done right. I've got to get out of here before I do something I regret later."

You  better believe we all moved around like we were walking on eggshells for the next few hours. That evening, Mama's eyes were all red and swelled up and she didn't come out of her bedroom till about time for us to go to bed.

The next day it was all like it was forgotten and things went on as normal..

Well, as I was saying, that was last week.

Right now, I was trying to hush Daisy to keep myself out of Dutch. I put my hand over her mouth and dragged her into the room where we were supposed to be playing with our dolls and entertaining our cousin, Samantha, who was there.

2 comments:

Delores said...

It's hard when those treasured bits get destroyed. Good job on getting out of the house before she let loose on the kids.

Grammy said...

I doubt very much that Daisy escaped a whipping in actuality. 😭