Thursday, August 29, 2013

Zebulon - Day 121 - Historical Fiction

The news was hard to keep to myself, but I let Rosie sleep, for she had finally drifted off, whimpering occasionally in her slumbering. Through the long hours, I prayed for guidance to help us know what to do. 

It came to me that we should just acquiesce and agree to whatever our grandparents told us to do and eventually God would help us out of our situation. A little before the cellar door opened, Rosie began stirring and I spoke quietly to her. 

"Rosie, have you ever accepted Jesus as your Savior?"

"What? What are you talking about? You sound like the preacher at church! No, I don't believe in all that churchy stuff!"

"Well, listen, Jesus is real! He came to me last night and saved me from my sins. I talked to Him and accepted Him into my heart! I know He is real! I want you to know Him, too."

"That's just baloney! I can't believe you swallowed all that stuff."

"I'm going to pray for you, Rosie. I love you and want you to know Him, too."

"Ha! You'd do better praying for a way out of this jam we're in!"

"Listen, I've had an idea about all this, Rosie. We need to go along with whatever they tell us. I'm going to tell them about Jesus saving me, too. I think they need Him real bad."

Just then the cellar door opened and our grandmother beckoned us up the stairway. 

"I hope you all have learned your lesson about how to behave!" she stated firmly.

"Yes, ma'am," we both said, meekly. 

Then I spoke up and said, "Grandma, has Jesus ever saved you and Grandpa?"

She turned and glared at me. (To be continued)

2 comments:

Delores said...

There you go....heap coals of fire on their heads...kill them with kindness....change their lives. They need some goodness in their lives.

Grammy said...

Yep.